Follow my blog with Bloglovin Pressures Around Sex and Virginity | Rambles Of Ames

The blog for me to just ramble on about stuff and give shit life advice lol

Saturday 6 July 2019

Pressures Around Sex and Virginity

I think in todays society, it is important to acknowledge all these pressures around being a certain way or having your sh*t together at a certain age, everyone is expected to be perfect when in reality no one is perfect, everyone has got their flaws. When it comes to sex and virginity, no one likes to be the last in their friendship group to “do the deed” if you will, but one of you is going to have to be, and that’s okay. There’s so much pressure around it that you feel like you don’t want to do it. There are some people who do want to wait and of course, that’s okay, and of course, vise versa, some people don’t want to wait and just get on with it and out the way.

No one should feel like they have to do this or that just to fit in and it’s not even seemed as “cool” to wait. Personally for me, I wish I had waited, when I lost my virginity, I didn’t regret it as such because I was feeling nervous about it, but I just wished I waited for the right person to come along, the guy who it was, I didn’t know at all and I think it lost it’s meaning of that first time is meant to be with someone that you trust, and I didn’t trust this person (not to mention the fact that he lied about sleeping with me and said he didn’t when he clearly did).

I think, if you want to wait, then you should wait, if you don’t then go for it, either way, don’t feel like you HAVE to just because everyone else is, which of course you don’t. do what you feel is right whenever you feel it’s right. There are some people who don’t believe in sex before marriage because of that thing of accidental pregnancies and not having a strong relationship with their other half (example if it was just a one-night stand).

But all-in-all you have to do what is right for you, if you don’t want to just yet, you don’t have too, if you can, then go for it.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig